- How do you spell dirth?
- What does dearth mean?
- What does no dearth mean?
- What does reverberate mean?
- Is dearth a Scrabble word?
- How do you use the word dearth?
- What’s the opposite of dearth?
- How do you use deficient in a sentence?
- How do you use the word debacle in a sentence?
- What does hearse mean?
- Is Derth a word?
How do you spell dirth?
Common misspelling of dearth..
What does dearth mean?
1 : scarcity that makes dear specifically : famine. 2 : an inadequate supply : lack a dearth of evidence.
What does no dearth mean?
If there is a dearth of something, there is not enough of it. A dearth of cupcakes is unfortunate, but a dearth of nutritious food is a serious problem. Dearth is an Old English noun formed from the adjective deore, “precious, costly,” and the noun-forming suffix -th.
What does reverberate mean?
to reflect or become reflectedreverberate \rih-VER-buh-rayt\ verb. 1 : to reflect or become reflected. 2 : to repel or become driven back. 3 : to continue in or as if in a series of echoes : resound.
Is dearth a Scrabble word?
DEARTH is a valid scrabble word.
How do you use the word dearth?
Dearth sentence examplesThe next danger was from the people, who were infuriated by the dearth of corn. … Henry prudently waited until dearth of provisions forced the enemy to divide into two the bands.More items…
What’s the opposite of dearth?
ANTONYMS FOR dearth 1 abundance, plenty, sufficiency; surplus.
How do you use deficient in a sentence?
Deficient sentence examplesThey are both deficient in solidity and in permanent interest. … Fortunately Frederick had never been deficient in courage. … Although deficient in technical training, he handled with great skill the difficult problems which were presented by the Civil War.More items…
How do you use the word debacle in a sentence?
(1) The Argentine debacle has important lessons to teach. (2) His first performance was a debacle : the audience booed him off the stage. (3) Many men were shot or captured in the debacle. (4) After the debacle of the war the world was never the same again.
What does hearse mean?
(Entry 1 of 2) 1a : an elaborate framework erected over a coffin or tomb to which memorial verses or epitaphs are attached. b : a triangular candelabra for 15 candles used especially at Tenebrae. 2a archaic : coffin.
Is Derth a word?
derth n. Obsolete spelling of dearth.