- What is the best synonym for catastrophic?
- What is meant by catastrophic failure?
- What is an example of a catastrophe?
- What is the opposite of catastrophic?
- What is a cataclysm?
- What does cataclysmic mean in English?
- What’s another word for SAD?
- Which is the closest synonym for the word devastating?
- How would you describe a catastrophe?
- What is a good synonym for destroyed?
- What does catastrophic effect mean?
- What do you mean by catastrophic?
- What’s the opposite of devastating?
What is the best synonym for catastrophic?
What is meant by catastrophic failure?
A catastrophic failure is a sudden and total failure from which recovery is impossible. … The term is most commonly used for structural failures, but has often been extended to many other disciplines in which total and irrecoverable loss occurs, such as a head crash occurrence on a hard disk drive.
What is an example of a catastrophe?
The definition of a catastrophe is a large, often sudden, disaster or ending. The Japan Earthquake of 2011 is an example of a catastrophe. The story of Romeo and Juliet is an example of a catastrophe.
What is the opposite of catastrophic?
catastrophe. Antonyms: blessing, victory, triumph, felicitation, achievement, ovation, success, godsend. Synonyms: revolution, disaster, calamity, misfortune, misadventure, reverse, blow, visitation.
What is a cataclysm?
1 : flood, deluge. 2 : catastrophe sense 3a. 3 : a momentous and violent event marked by overwhelming upheaval and demolition broadly : an event that brings great changes an international economic cataclysm.
What does cataclysmic mean in English?
adjective. A cataclysmic event is one that changes a situation or society very greatly, especially in an unpleasant way. [formal] Few had expected that change to be as cataclysmic as it turned out to be. Synonyms: disastrous, devastating, catastrophic, calamitous More Synonyms of cataclysmic.
What’s another word for SAD?
SYNONYMS FOR sad 1 unhappy, despondent, disconsolate, discouraged, gloomy, downcast, downhearted, depressed, dejected, melancholy.
Which is the closest synonym for the word devastating?
How would you describe a catastrophe?
Calamity and catastrophe are similar, but even more emphatic. All of these words can describe serious harm or be used humorously for exaggeration: … Adjectives to describe disasters include disastrous, tragic and catastrophic.
What is a good synonym for destroyed?
What does catastrophic effect mean?
Something catastrophic is very harmful or disastrous. When the stock market crashes, it’s a catastrophic event for investors. This is a strong word for terrible, harmful, devastating things. Tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, and tsunamis are catastrophic weather events. A depression is catastrophic for the economy.
What do you mean by catastrophic?
1. adjective. Something that is catastrophic involves or causes a sudden terrible disaster. A tidal wave caused by the earthquake hit the coast causing catastrophic damage.
What’s the opposite of devastating?
What is the opposite of devastating?nondestructiveundestructiveinnocentunhazardousunoffensivecreativenon-dangerousnon-violentnot dangerousinoffensive19 more rows